"There will never be peace because white folk don't want peace.
And no matter how bad I want something for someone, if they
don't want if for themselves, there's nothing I can do.
Harriet Tubman killed alot of slaves. The Africans didn't have to
be killed. I'm an African. I work for Africans.The slaves will be
killed. So will the enemies. Its not my fault"
The person who made this statement shall remain namless, but quotes as such are infuriating almost. Not to undermind the countless years when people were opressed. But damn let it go. Don't forget but forgive. This brother is completley misguided. You are not oppressed. I am a male of 3 different nationalities. I black and white happen to be 2. Am I any less of a man of color. My previous boss was a white man. I serve along side of mostly white men. Ones that I would give my life for daily. Who are you to say "Harriet Tubman killed alot of slaves". That is a phrase definitley media worthy. Because you magnify negatives. How do you know your family wasn't a family she saved? You work for a black man. That feels like a blade going through my heart. I fall asleep every night listening to MLK speeches the same one almost. its called Victourious and the time was when the Boycotts were successful. He said "There is nothing more dangerous than sincere stupidity." I quote, and it is truthful. He gave his life so you can work with a white man. thousands were murdered, beat, sprayed with water hoses, and attcked by dogs.. BY COPS. Brother, you are blinded, and a danger. Not to society, but yourself. You sit here, and maybe you are successful. But you undermind all that was lost so you can gain. You insult our ancestors who fought so you didnt have to. You dont have to blend. Thanks to them. The opressed man of color thing is played. You have a black president.. Oh wait his degree, and job don't make him black enough. Him being half white taints his blood. It is old and overrated. There is peace. The only reason there is not peace is for 2 reasons. 1. No matter how hard we try, and no matter how many people die the world will never be rid of irrational people. 2. I am here in a combat zone, risking my life even now as I sit and type this. 24/7. You have no reason to be angry at any other race. This land thrives off of equal opporotinity, but like i said u have irrationals. In closing, you are not African. You were not born in Africa. You are American. The Ugandans here in support of the United States risking their lives daily they are African..The slaves that Harriet Tubman Killed.. They were African. The Americans who fought tooth and nail so you can live your life the way you do... Even they called themselves "American". Seems you like the world Segragated. Which makes you a irrational social outcast, in a time-machine that I as your brother,or any of the other "black, strong, rational thinking" race will get in..
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just as there are worldly people that are not narrow-mided or judgemental (you maybe included, lol). There are people that take an idea, even one as good intending as Afrocentrisim, and twist it to where it is a tortured version of the truth. They, in essence, become tortured.
ReplyDeleteHe is very blinded by his own ideals. He is not from Africa, himself, but I cannot fault him for wanting to align himself with a storied history. I think we all want to feel connected to the past, in a sense. It reminds you of how far you've come. I am not justifying his words (I abhorr them, which is mainly because they are directed at me), but I can see the frustration (although misguided).
I think the bigger issue is what it means to be "black" or "of color". You mentioned our oresident, well he didn't vote for him. He is distrustful of him for just the reason that you said (his authenticity, which is idiotic). I think that you (and thouse you fight with everyday) are the truths that knock down this logic. He is one of those people that has no story or "common black experince" that he fights so hard for. He is well educated, middle class...never had to struggle a day in his life nor does he understand it. A concept is still a concept until the himan experience brings it to life. He lives through books and theories that do not actualize in real life (not in a positive manner).
I still think you're a pretty boy, just with a hell of alot of depth and sunstance...
Dennis, as irrational as the outcome or his conclusion, he is speaking to am emotion that "people of color" have felt at one time or another. Yes, I have accompiahed alot (more than more people with my background have or will...same as you) but thaty doesn't mean that I wasn't passed over for excellent opportunities. That doesn't mean that I am not treated to a different standard of femininity, beauty, and success. I worked hard for all of it, never with my hand out or assuming...refusing somethings cause I didn't want to be the "token" as some would say...only to have a blond hair, blue eyed, big boobed female come along and get the keys just anded to them. Not just that, my conter parts are less educated than me, with less knowledge than me and they got promoted to key positions. When I said something it was,"Natalie, I just don't think the state is ready for a woman, let alone black woman for take the reigns". Did my mind mull that frustration, hell yes. But did I let it linger there, no. I just knew that I would have to work 50x's harder than my friends (hell even enemies) and have a "I'll show you attitude"...that and prayer for understanding and strength. Do I think taht je is right, NO NO NO! But do I understand the frustration, Yes Yes Yes.
ReplyDeleteAre you even disagreeing or just restating what I said. Let me repeat. If not.. Let me say this. The guy who denied your promotion is irrational. You have said a moutful, but still u failed to tell me what frustration he is feeling. I am not underminding what you go through.. Truth be told. You are not the only one who experiences it. What about the woman denied a construction worked Job. Or that white guy who cant be a undercover NARC cause people suspect it. U think they dont feel frustration. You told me this man was middle class, and did not witness struggle. I understand your frustration I do.. but you can not begin to compare yours with his.. I mean I deal with it all the time. But you dont misplace your anger towrds a whole race, or sex. You use it as a fuel to the fire called your personal drive.. There will always be descrimination. Your frustration.. I LIVE IT.. His disgust me. It makes my stomach turn when I read it. He is a racist. You are a woman who fell victim to it. WHAT frustration could you have in common. The situations even contradict each other.
ReplyDelete