I am looking in her eyes, trying to find a spark.
My heart is broken. Doesn't seem to beat, lately.
She told me on a normal day I am not what she goes for.
But today is not a normal day.
I couldn't let her know this was my first time doing something of this magnitude.
And that truth be told I tend to stray away from her type, too .
But today is no normal day.
Nah, today is a bit different. Like apples and bananas.
I am feeling risky.
I won't let you know it, but this is my first time.
It is all new to me. And to be frank...
All I got to give is my everything.
All I want is my everything
And all I have to give is my everything.
I told her to come for me.
She smiled with a roll of her eyes and told me I would have to dig deeper.
She said "give me more, because I can take everything."
This took me off guard, never met a chick that can take all of me.
I am a "all or nothing" type of guy, anyway.
I gave her more, but I was nervous to give her all.
She said to me "I want to come, but I am anticipating the moment you stop because you got what you came for"
I said to her "Mama, relax. Daddy is in for the long haul. This is a 100/100 situation. And it works better when both parties are satisfied. "
So with my shoulders back, head strong, and confident.
I gave her all of me.
All of me being metaphorically equivalent to the sweat off my back .
I called her mama, and she called me daddy.
I whispered "Come for daddy. I don't want to do this alone."
Her heart pounded and she came and joined me in that short lived eternal ecstasy.
That was the sign, and I will be damned if I didn't almost miss it.
Then I felt that spark and my heart started to beat, again.
The sign said "Welcome to Love or Something Like it"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"today is not a normal day." what day with the author ever is?
ReplyDeletethis sounds quite familiar. see, there's this guy i know, right? he's "strong", but, he's shy. and there's this girl. she's in for the long run, but, she's reluctant. they've both had band-aids & patches, scars & bruises, but the bandages are slowly peeling away. in any other instance, she'd flinch at the pain that comes with removing what's been protecting her wound, but it seems okay. he appears to know what he's doing ..
"come for daddy, i don't want to do this alone." i'll hold your hand, only if you promise to hold mine.
this made my heart beat a little faster. only piece of art that ever did that was "the notebook". congratulations, daddy.
turned into a slight groupie (hmph!) for a minute and went back and read all (yes, way back to 2009 kinda 'all') of these blogs and my two absolute favorites are still this one, and "Hello, Goodbye."
ReplyDeleteyes, im leaving a comment on an old blog. and no, there's nothing you can do about it but sit there and think, "christian really just went back and read all my blogs. wow."
p.s. that original comment i left, March 2, 2011 .. i snapped.
[pops collar & signs out]