I used to to feel so strong, I was foolish enough to believe I could shape oceans.
I used to feel so light. I thought I could walk across them.
I used to feel so light that it would have been a senseless act for darkness to show it's face.
I used to feel like the funniest man alive. Fuck faces, I made your heart smile.
I used to remember the smallest thing, like your birthmark and what it is shaped like.
I used to feel invincible
I used to feel free.
I used to feel your love.
I used to feel together our love intimidated everyone.
I used to feel we were a inspiration to new love, and a sweet memory worth a smile to old.
I used to feel timeless.
I used to feel like it was okay to get lost in your eyes, and find myself in your heart.
I used to...
I used to have the opinion formed that even my best wasn't enough, so I will always be better.
I used to be a fool, foolishly in love.
I used to be hopeless hopelessly in love.
I used to know you.
I'd hope you'd remember me.
I hope you would look at the monster and see the beauty.
-LOVEsoldier
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"I used to be hopeless hopelessly in love"
ReplyDeleteMy favorite line from the post, for some reason, reminds me of "Playlisted Love Affair."
The transition from "I used to .. " to "I hope you .." in my opinion, mirrors the task of dissecting parts of your past and applying them to hopes of happiness in the future, which is one of the hardest things to do, let alone conveying it in words.
Great job, grasshopper.
Great job.