Baseline. Purge. Rebuild.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Once when I was little...

I am not doing this for any type of praise...

Once when I was little... Maybe not so little, but little in the sense of age. I was 12 to be exact. My mother was working hard, she had changed a lot of her ways.. She was determined to make me happy. To make me fit in even when it seemed finacially impossible... That Christmas was sure to be the best of my life. There were sooo many presents under that tree. Someone broke into our house on Dec 22nd. Everything was stolen of course. This made me realize that people would go to the most extreme to make their families happy. Not to justify what happened. My mom went to this program with Toys For Tots. One where you submit your name and your situation, and people who had the means to be generous would choose someone to give a gift to... On Christmas Eve, Stacy Jones (no relation) showed up at my house. She had bought everything that was stolen, and given it to me. She was a 20 year old college student. That taught me 2 things. To be humble, and not to be selfish. My mother cried and talked to her for what seemed to be hours...

I didn't get why she cried, I didnt get how emotionally strong Stacy was. North Carolina has a similar program. I stared at a picture of my mom for hours on the 6th. I decided that I would donate my XBOX 360 to some kid for Christmas... I didn't want to meet the family, just wanted to give back... I got a phone call from a Millie Drisco, she gave me the rundown on a few families. One kid was 12, good grades, plays football, product of a single mother and a father that didn't really care. His mother is 30 and works at a hotel... That hit sooo close to home... I met with him, his mother, and his uncle... She cried and thanked me soo much. Then I realized why my mother cried and how strong Stacy was. I felt so depressed to know that even Great People struggle. But was immediatley cheered up by knowing that is when other Great People pick up the slack...

iJonesy (X)

1 comment:

  1. Your mom, is too. LOL. Yea, I dont know. I felt depressed all that day, as soon as I signed up for that program. I felt better. It was weird.. Nothing was wrong with me at all... But I was just down. Hopefully he will, though.. Can be like a tradition.

    ReplyDelete