Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Long Story, Short
I caused unintentional, unnecessary pain to myself. Some would say it was getting old, aging. All trials and tribulations of becoming wise. I'd lay there and only think of getting up with no true intentions of moving a muscle. That warm mist was striking my skin at something that resembled the touch of an angel. And that cool touch... The closet thing to an angel's touch I'd probably ever feel. Yea, I was hurt. Like a crackhead taking a hit. I was hurt. But I was happy.
Laying there staring in her deep brown eyes. Death take me away. My last breath would be spent professing my undying, unchanging love for her. Breathing her air I was happyhurt or hurthappy. My large hand secretley perched on her soft brown skin. I have a tough guy persona to keep up, but in this moment of what was a blissful weakness. I swallowed a lump and air dried a tear. The sight of the opposition of or skin had torn me. Opposites were attracting. Laws of science at work. The black man in me held firm and played tough never moving my hand. But the spanish seeped out "la cosa mas hermos que he visto".
I let that moment take over me. Become consumed her all that was her being. With this pain I am all that I am, and without it. I am nothing. I stared at her with a sarcastic frown and joking words. "Leave me alone" meant "I love you so damn much and if I had to go a day without you I would die". Turn me into stone, Medusa. So I dont have to blink. Just stand here and let me look at you.
In my mind I had asked her to excuse my forwardness and I mentally undressed her. I had caused intentional, necessary pain! I was happy, and I felt good! The warm mist, that was her breath had rested itself upon may face. Blessed me with its presence. I took in a breath of her air....
@iMisterX
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

long story short, i absolutely loved it.
ReplyDelete"i caused unintentional, unnecessary pain to myself." funny how unintentional, unnecessary, self-inflicted pain occasionally becomes ironically, quite intentional. like playing with fire. quite numbing. quite soothing. quite permanent, like ink.
"i have a tough guy persona to keep up."
if tough guys end up being anything like you .. keep up the good work. bravo, sir.
bravo.