Baseline. Purge. Rebuild.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tenses (Him and Her)


Him:
Shit, now my world is spinning and breathing is a lot harder. I must have pulled the shot. I can’t see from my right eye and the only real feeling I feel is my warm blood pooling under my nose.  All it takes is a quarter of an inch to drown. An explosive 9mm Hollowed round to my temple, and I lay here drowning in my own blood. I cant feel but I am sure the entire right side of my face is missing. Like a final fuck you from my god. I hear her screams, and now like an infant for his mother I want her to help me. Save me. She had done this to me. I saw the bathroom door cracked, but my body was pinned against it. In my mind I was screaming save me, but in reality all there was the sound of gurgling blood. Unable to move my face from this puddle of blood breathing had become impossible. I saw her. I made eye contact with her. I held her hand, regrouped and walked from the puddle of me.

Her:
 Shit, now my world is spinning. I felt him in a cold sweat I reached out to touch him and he jerked away from me. I retreated back into my ball on my side of the bed.  That had become my new normal. Keeping myself warm at night. I made this bed, and I love him, so I sleep in it. I felt him get out of bed and every follicle of my being wanted to pursue him, but every argument chased me back to that night. I tried everything to simply win his heart back.  I presented myself to him in every way a woman could. I cried during sex. God smiled at the pleasure he bought me, but I cried. I cried because I was making love to a man that was fucking the shit out of me. I didn’t follow him.

Him:
Look at her, now.  Crying, sobbing, and needing me. I had stared in her face holding the hand of my Angel. I smiled in her face. Revenge was sweet. What better way to let a person know they are dead to you than to present yourself dead to them.

Her:
I drifted back to the day I decided to let him in. I thought of how much he reminded me of my Soldier. He was slightly less attractive and lacked in the muscle department. But he strolled with the confidence of my man. The same  confidence I fell in love with. My soldier was deployed.  Our skype dates were lovely, but nothing could soothe my inhuman need to be held. And he was here. It started as a few dates, lead to sex, and eventually I was in lust. I could never love him. He filled a void.

Him:
I watched her sobbing on that round glass table. The same one I finished the bottles of wine they had intended to use for a nice evening in my home.  I was fresh off a plan from Camp Ramadi, Iraq.  I was surprising her with an early return home. I walked in to candles, and rose petals. How did she know? No one knew. I followed the petals to the room and sexy night wear was on the bed. Strawberry candles burning. She knows I hate that scent. And why are her clothes on the bed and not on her? Then the card  with her name on the front had bought me to that screeching halt.  I had read it, saw his name, and stared around this home. The overpriced price I had paid meant nothing.

Her:
I heard him load his gun, and I swear I never moved so fast. My screams at the bathroom door had went unanswered. What had I done?  I heard a bullet hit the ground, the magazine slammed back in and he cocked it, again. I fell to my knees and gathered just enough strength to pound on the door. I yelled “baby I love you” and “he meant nothing”.  I yelled a lot of things. My pleas went unanswered. I couldn’t explain myself. I was wrong. I threw the one thing I cared about the most to the sharks, and now I am sad because the outcome is irreversible.  He put light in my eyes and at one time I did his. My thoughts were drowned out with the sound of a god screaming.  It made my body move with speed and a strength out of this world. By the time I was to my feet the scream stopped. I heard a loud pop and a flash of lightening, simultaneously remembering it does not rain indoors. I kicked, pushed, rammed and screamed. I was going to save him. The blood on my foot granted me further strength,  and I knocked the door from the frame.  The ungodly sight of him watching me, staring through me like only he could. I swear his last breath sounded a lot like save me.

Him:
 She picked the old me off the ground and screamed for help. No one would hear her. Our closest neighbor lives a mile away. Her idea also, move to the middle of nowhere and live happily ever after. Right.  I watched her plead and bargain with her God.  I whispered in her ear “God can’t help you, now.” I was a monster with an Angel staring at my maker. Watching her physically and mentally fall apart, and it made me smile. She  paused as if she had heard my whisper and could see my smile.  I whispered in her ear once again. “A smoking gun is all that stands between us” Lyrics borrowed from a song I enjoyed.  I watched her face turn cold and her eyes go as black as the eyes of my old dead self.  I whispered in her hear “Do it. End it, and I will love you again” I was lying of course. I hated her. I was manipulating her. She heard me  and pried the gun from the hand of the old me. I remembered how easily swayed she was. I stood behind her, escorted her to the mirror placed my hand on top of her hand assisted her in the honors of ending a life she made miserable and while in her last moments of life she poetically crawled to my dead human body and died in my arms.  I spent the last moments of my spiritual existence reassuring her that I would see her in hell , and  proudly cut the tie of unfinished business that tied me to earth.

1 comment:

  1. this, i believe, is the longest thing you've ever posted, and still .. i want to read a bit more of it.

    to have "her" point of view and thought process in this post helped in bringing the "Tenses" series full circle and into a close.

    as dark as "Tenses" has been, and as much as my Chrissy instincts kick in and make me want to punch this person .. i enjoyed it. A magnified view of love, pain, and recollection of self.

    Bravo young mastermind.

    Bravo.

    ReplyDelete