Like Al Greene "I'm so tired of being alone"
So much that when I shower I do a horrible cover to One Republic's song "Come Home"
And in the words of Ne-Yo it's "all because of you"
What can I say? I am feeling like Trey on Trey Day "I can't stop missing you"
Cupid listened to too much B. Spears cause that dude just "hit me"
And all I can do is try and walk it out like the "Cupid Shuffle" on that one CD
I am reminded of you when India Arie sings "Ready for Love" to me
You catch me at that moment and I will "Cater to you" like numer 3 on Destiny Child's CD
I can go on and on but all of these songs are "Part of the list"
A never ending one. But Bruno Mars said it with "I knew from the 1st kiss"
Only your eyes weren't open, so I pulled you "Closer"
Best moments are the shortest ones, cause in a blink of an eye. That moment was "Over"
I can be like Fabolous and spell to you, cause you're "F-A-B-O-L-O-U-S"
Or get straight to the point and say "You're the fucking best"
Would it be cliche for me to say that "When I see you" "I get sooo weak in the knees"?
Or how about even though its only temporary when you leave all I want is for you to "Come back to me"
James Morrison said it best "when it all got too heavy, you carried my weight."
And in that same note I can stay here forever, and hold you this way.
Like Adam Levine said "nothings ever promised tomorrow, today"
I am trying to be the opposite of The Fray and not leave a thing "unsaid"
But I guess if I could get my voice up high like Lenny Williams a simple "I love ya" (no matter how incorrect my grammar) would have did!
Jonesy
Been a while since I did the whole rhyming thing. Hope you enjoyed. As far as who it is to... Well, this noun, knows who/what/where it is!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Of all the things you've ever stolen from me, this has to be one of my favorites. Nice selection of songs, as well. By the way, I think I'd like to hear that "Come Home" cover, haha. Bravo, skittles, bravo. <3
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this...well "played".
ReplyDelete